Regular price: $21.90
Buy Now with 1 Credit
Buy Now for $21.90
I was so excited about reading this book because I've been a big fan of Ed & Lorraine since I watched the TV series, "A Haunting." This book is like an anthology of some of the cases they have worked on through the years.
Of course, we read about people becoming demonically possessed. Houses or towns that are cursed and people are experiencing some pretty scary stuff! Of course, Amityville is in here! Lorraine helped a few police officers solve some murder cases. I was shocked that there was even a story about Bigfoot in here!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful
There is so much wrong with this book so lets start with whats right as tht would be a shorter list:
1) entertaining narration
2) nice 'fireside tales' kinda feel for around a campfire
the not so good
1) contradictory accounts of the Warrens' same stories. If you've read/listened to their other books, you would have heard of most of these stories but you'll be royally confused as details shift here and there. makes u wonder if it's all made up by the diff writers
2) the writer (or the warren's) vocab is rather limited. Demonic, supernatural. rinse. repeat
3) ridiculous religious notions - a youth who enjoys a bit of porn is suddenly possessed. because porn is wrong but verbally abusive, possessive, controlling mothers are a gift from god.
4) too little detail in many of the stories.
all in all, dont expect too much, take it as light entertainment and you'd be fine.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful